A few tips when the power goes out.
February 5th, 2014 by admin
Having the power go out can certainly be an inconvenience, but there are safety issues to consider as well. A few tips for you…
- Make sure to use generators, pressure washers, grills, and similar items outdoors only, to prevent carbon monoxide poisoning.
- If the power is out longer than two hours, throw away food that has a temperature higher than 40°F.
- Check with local authorities to be sure your water is safe.
- In cold weather, wear layers of clothing, which help to keep in body heat.
- Avoid power lines and use electric tools and appliances safely to prevent electrical shock.
Click Here for more information.