Can You Benefit From Solar Energy?
Each year, more and more home and business owners are embracing the power that is solar energy. Many are searching for independence from big utility companies while others are looking for a way to be easier on the environment, but it all leads back to our most renewable energy source of all: Solar.
The earth depends on the sun for survival, why not allow the sun to provide us with energy as well? Each year, the earth is hit with over 8 million quads (1 quad = 1,000,000,000,000,000 BTU) of solar energy, and only 400 quads are used globally. In order to power the entire planet, only 0.0005 % of the earth would need to be covered with solar energy systems.
Installing solar electrical systems at your home or business can not only save you money, but can help to increase the power of solar energy across the globe. Find out more about the value of solar energy in our infographic.
Facts and Stats to Share:
- Most Expensive Solar System
- According to NREL, a $152,200,000 solar energy system was built in October 2009 in Florida
- Oldest Solar System
- NREL dates some of the oldest solar systems in the United States being installed in 1983 in Florida and Idaho
- The earth is hit with 8.2 million quads of solar energy each year
- Average payback period on a residential solar installation: 9 years (payback period for commercial solar is significantly less)
- It costs less than $3.00/W to install a residential solar roof mount
Check out our blog for more information on the benefits of installing solar energy, geothermal, or a new HVAC system.
Share this on your site
Copy and paste the code below to embed on your site